SAPA is committed to mentoring youth and students who want to pursue a career in law enforcement. This is a mutually beneficial relationship in which knowledgeable and skilled law enforcement officers provide insight, guidance, and developmental opportunities for new Officers and students. We currently have Reserve Officers, Community Service Officers and college student(s) who are part of our organization. SAPA is committed and dedicated in making sure these future officers succeed and prosper in their careers. We want them to be leaders and role models for the younger generation(s) who will be future officer(s).
Benefits For the Mentoree
- Increases self-confidence
- Helps the mentoree learn to take better control of his or her career
- Educates the mentoree on how to accept feedback in important areas, such as communications, technical abilities, change management, and leadership skills
- Improve interpersonal relationship skills
- Provides an important networking contact for the mentoree
- Provide guidance in successfully passing the FTO program